This book covers a spectrum of topics that deal with: 1. who we are as created beings
2. How we spend our time
3. The love of God for us, and
4. Our departure from the world; “absent from the body, present with the Lord”.
The composition of “man” is:
2. Soul and
3. Body, and this confuses even the well versed Christian.
We are actually SOULS that have a spirit residing in a body. This is what Jesus died for, to save from destruction “that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life”. In Ecclesiastes 12:7 it states that all men, when they die, their “spirit returns back to God who gave it”. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it (Eccl 12:7 KJV).
When we die:
1. the Spirit goes back to God who gave it,
2. the body goes back to the earth (for it is dust transformed by the power of God);
3. the soul is in the hand of God reserved for judgment.