Makowski, Gregory S.
Dr Gregory S Makowski is a board certified clinical chemist and fellow of the National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry. Following receipt of his PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Connecticut Storrs, he pursued post-doctoral studies at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine in Farmington that culminated in his joint appointments in the School of Medicine and the Department of Laboratory Medicine at John Dempsey Hospital. He has numerous clinical and basic science publications and serves on various scientific and editorial boards. He is actively engaged in the training of Pathology residents and fellows in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Hartford Hospital. He currently serves as Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer for Clinical Laboratory Partners in Newington CT, USA.
Volume 55 in the internationally acclaimed Advances in Clinical Chemistry contains chapters submitted from leading experts from academia and clinical laboratory science. Authors are from a diverse field of clinical chemistry disciplines and diagnostics, ranging from basic biochemical exploration to cutting-edge microarray technology.
- Leading experts from academia and clinical laboratory science
- Volume emphasizes novel laboratory advances with application to clinical laboratory diagnostics and practical basic science studies
- HE4 in Ovarian Cancer: Discovery to Clinical Application Montagnana M, Danese E, Giudici S, Franchi M, Guidi GC, Plebani M, Lippi G
- Salivary Transcriptome Biomarkers in Oral Squamous Cell Cancer Detection Brinkmann O & Wong DT
- Laminin Isoform Profiles in Salivary Glands in Sjögren's Syndrome Porola P, Mackiewicz Z, Laine M, Baretto G, Stegaev V, Takakubo Y, Takagi M, Ainola M, Konttinen Y
- Adipokine Actions on Cartilage Homeostasis Dozio E, Corsi MM, Ruscica M, Passafaro L, Steffani L, Banfi G, Magni P
- Chemical Biology of Homocysteine Thiolactone and Related Metabolites Jakibowski H & Glowacki R
- Iron Overload in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Fujita N & Takei Y